Jun 12

Press Release: Camacho – bold is back with a vengeance

Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 in Informational

Bold is back with a vengeance!

–– The World’s Leader in Bold Cigars Reveals Most Brazen Move In History ––
PINELLAS PARK, FL (Wednesday, June 12th, 2013) –– Camacho, the world’s leading brand of bold cigars,
today revealed one of the most brazen moves in their nearly fifty-year history. The brand is taking an
aggressive stance on the future and aims to reset the bar for bold and full flavored cigars. Nearly all
elements of Camacho have been intensified; starting with a bolder brand identity, a fierce assortment of
revamped blends, stunning packaging, and an array of killer consumer experiences that sum up this effort in
one simple statement – Camacho is back and bolder than ever.

The new branding, which features an aggressively-poised scorpion, is a fusion of both the old school
heritage and modern day vibe of the brand. The Scorpion mark, a nod to Camacho’s aggressive and
entrepreneurial spirit, personifies a number of core characteristics of the brand: power, fearlessness,
passion and competition. “The core values and DNA of who we are have not been altered, the volume has
been cranked and the focus has been intensified. Our new image is a strong representation both of what we
were and who we have become. It’s a badge of honor to be worn by the powerful, elemental person who
seeks to live his life the way we do – all-out and full throttle,” said Dylan Austin, head of marketing for
Camacho.

Four out of the six blends have been upgraded and taken to heights that most cigars have never dared climb.
“We did an immense amount of work on the blends. It wasn’t about reinventing what people had come to
love; it’s been about getting back to what they had come to love and making additional upgrades along the
way. Impact is the most important component of our cigar-making philosophy, along with consistency.
We kept what was great, like our Authentic Corojo, and made it better. For our famed Corojo, a top-grade
fifth priming wrapper is now standard – it’s back to knock your socks off level”, said Austin.

One of the most impactful components to the reintroduction is Camacho’s new team of co-conspirators and
curators of bold lifestyle. Hall of Fame NFL football player and coach, Mike Ditka, Room101 brand owner,
Matt Booth and screenwriter, Rob Weiss, have joined Camacho to serve on what the brand calls, the Board
of the Bold. “Coach, Booth and Weiss are guys that live the Camacho way of life, they do it pedal to the floor
everyday and pull no punches. Each of them anchors what we stand for down to the core, all of them have
accomplished great things in life because of their boldness,” says Austin.

Camacho will hold a national release party on June 20th in Dallas where the brand will be unveiled for the
first time to media and over 400 hardcore cigar enthusiasts. The launch event is open to the public and
those interested in attending can RSVP on Camacho’s Facebook page (facebook.com/camachocigars). Also
in the works, is a new, immersive in-store brand experience centered on exploring big taste, excellence in
craft and celebrating men big enough, bad enough, bold enough to destroy the status quo. To increase the
impact of these events, Camacho has teamed up with bourbon distillers, craft beer makers, local chefs and
custom car companies. “The Bold Standard” in-store events are expected to kickoff in late August. For a full
schedule of events stay tuned to www.camachocigars.com or visit the brand’s Facebook page.

–– FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ––
While the official unveiling will take place in late June, the new Camacho will not go on sale until the 2013
IPCPR Trade Show in Las Vegas, which is set for the middle of July 2013. The new standard in bold cigars
is expected to be on display at retailers nationwide by the beginning of August.

ABOUT Camacho:
Camacho is the world’s leading brand of bold cigars, representing the concept of unleashing unmistakable
and intense experiences. Infamous since 1962, the brand has become a sanctuary for the powerful,
elemental being who seeks to fill their lives with unapologetic good times. A combination of rich heritage,
product excellence and a never surrender attitude has enabled Camacho to grow into an aggressive brand
globally recognized as the standard of full-frontal flavor and full-frontal lifestyle.
For more information about Camacho, please visit www.camachocigars.com or follow the brand on
Facebook (facebook.com/camachocigars) and Twitter (twitter.com/camachocigars).

Dallas_Launch_Party_Evite

1. yosef5 says:

How much better can they make their cigars?

2. rockjock says:

I am not a fan of the redesigned look. It’s no longer classy and classic. Also, I think it misses the mark on being trendy and cool. I have loved Camacho Corojos for years and it has been one of my go to sticks. I hope they don’t alter the cigar too much.

3. Craig says:

Bolder, Intensified, All out and full throttle, and knock your socks off level? I’m scared !!!! ROFL

4. TimB says:

I liked the old bands and blends are good.Now all the bands look the same with slight color changes ….must be some new kid out of marketing school. There is not enough difference in sight recognition imho.

5. dutchjim says:

This is getting to be like cigaret advertising was in the 70′s. I don’t like what (some) companies are doing with cigar advertising and the change in logos and bands. The Camacho Dallas Launch Party ad looks like the Marlborough Man. Next they’ll be be putting additives in our cigar tobacco.

6. jpculp57 says:

The bands remind me of Hector “Macho” Camacho! Flamboyant and Flashy! I like the blue band but other than that they are a verging on obnoxious. (Which is what I think they are going for)

7. JJO says:

Yeesh! What horrible, gaudy labeling.

8. HerbalJedi says:

By full flavored do they mean strong, make your head spin, turn you green type of smoke?

• gtclark says:

I was wondering the same thing – I really enjoy full-flavored cigars. Full-strength, not so much…the new scorpion logo on the band seems to suggest these things bite back :)

9. Gigalo de Vitolas says:

I never knew Camacho was known for their full bodied characteristics. I only had a few and I can’t remember which ones so I must of not have been that impressed. I have been meaning to try their Corojo. Maybe I’ll look through some Camacho reviews here.

The labeling is too aggressive.

11. dexter1 says:

the old bands look so much better

12. samgiroux42 says:

Wow…I little over the top? Does breath fire and dance a jig too?

13. AngSolo says:

What exactly does the “Board of Bold” do?

14. Sinsandman says:

I’m sold…sucker for marketing here

15. Fabbio says:

pass…does everlast know they ripped off their styling and fonts?

The bands look pretty cool. Id like to try these…not because of the band tho haha

17. GrandNational says:

Gentleman, let’s let the cigars speak for themselves when they are available for us to smoke. With that said, I haven’t had any luck with the current Camacho’s that I’ve smoked, so this may be a good thing or me. The wrappers in the pictures look great, but it could all be a trick of the light.

18. Jay D. says:

I’m a fan! I think it’s refreshing to see some modern takes on how cigar branding and packaging can be. I see this being on par with Room 101 packaging, whom which I am a fan of as well. Don’t get me wrong, Camacho was very good with what that had and they knew how to utilize that classic and at times typical cigar packaging. But strip away the the gold and silver foil, seals and flourishes, you’re left with a very generic letter C with some ornaments and a generic font spelling out Camacho in a banner. But to see all of those small elements be incorporated in the the new logo which puts the name in the forefront, shows that it doesn’t have to rely on all the extra stuff. If they were going for bold, I think they nailed it. Kudos Camacho for having some good taste in typography.

19. BCamara says:

I don’t think the new logo really fits Camacho. The new logo looks like a pay per view event and it doesn’t make me want one of their cigars any more or less. Oh well…

20. kmthiebaud says:

I am not a fan personally of average bands that are not ornate or intricate. However, Camacho’s classic band needed to be dusted off a bit. They’re assuredly trying to reach new markets with younger people. They’ve been extremely more aggressive with their advertisements. All I have to say is don’t forget the one thing it comes down to in the end, the quality of the cigar itself.

21. eric.hanson says:

ven though the marketing isn’t the best on these, I’ve nevver had a bad Camacho yet and whn I’m smoking a cigar all I care about is what it smokes like, not the marketing. So I might give one of these a shot.

22. stevenknisley says:

I certainly hope these “revamped” camachos are really good

23. mufdvr6976 says:

nice hopefully these will be nice!@

24. Orrza says:

terrible band designs in my opinion….

25. weimerad says:

I like the new look

26. garlar10 says:

What does Mike Ditka know about cigars?

27. Joseph Szeremet says:

I really dig the new look. It reminds me of the Everlast Fighting equipment logo. Very cool! I want to smoke one whilst listening to Eye of the tiger, and Hearts on fire!

28. NMartin says:

Im younger, but I definitely prefer the older bands. Now, the newer blends I’m more apt to give a chance. (Have not even had a Camacho, but at least they’re keeping two blends consistent). I’m not a big fan of change, especially to something THAT big and bold. I don’t want half of my cigar covered in a band that’s not intricate whatsoever. I like the color schemes, but that’s it as far as the bands go.

29. DaveM says:

Can anyone say New Coke? When you start screwing around with the formulation on a successful product you are asking for trouble. The new packaging is terrible as others have stated. What is that Scorpion all about, by the way? The new bands are gaudy looking. This seems to be change for the sake of change.

30. stevesatch says:

I like the old bands better