Apr 29

Guy Stuff – Grilled Chicken & Shrimp Fajitas

Posted on Monday, April 29, 2013 in Guy Stuff

20130416fajitas0008-EditGuy Stuff – Grilled Chicken & Shrimp Fajitas

One again a GREAT cross-over from HLO, this is an absolutely delicious fajita recipe and I promise you would NEVER think it’s actually really healthy and good for you! The swaps I use from normal fajitas make huge nutritional differences but you lose nothing in fact I think you GAIN flavors. If you don’t want to use the grill or do a big batch you can certainly do it up in a skillet, it will just take longer of course. You will also want to go easy on the marinade since it won’t cook and drain off like using the grill! A George Forman grill would be a great indoor tool to use for this. Most of the work here is in prep and waiting, and it reheats extremely well!

You’ll need the following:
Chicken breasts
Raw shrimp
Whole-wheat and corn tortillas
Lettuce
Fat-free Greek Yogurt
Bell peppers of your choice
Onions
Ancho chili powder/other of your choice
Garlic powder
Cumin
Oregano
Vegetable oil
Lime juice

These look like a tasty main course.

2. rgmenke says:

I’m way behind on trying your recipes Bryan but this one just jumped to the front of the list.

3. superdutyal says:

looks like a great dish … i am really liking this cooking vid stuff cause i really love to cook and i get the info in the same place i get my cigar info … its great … keep them coming

4. TimB says:

Dam that looks good!

5. Bryan Glynn says:

Wow…somehow with these cooking vids I have seemingly tapped in to untold reserves of internet nerds/ocd/dorks/snobs/etc. with the youtube comments…my gawd people…it seems like everyone and their mother has to give an opinion on how it’s not ‘right’ because it’s not how ‘they’ do something lol! I’m done with being nice…it’s just insta block and remove from here out. I’ll tell you what, this year has been quite a learning experience about the general public, as I get more and more followers. You sure see patterns and all types of personality types come out of the wordwork once you start tapping in to the general population! Thanks to all those NORMAL people out there for watching lol!

• ssrobbi says:

Oregano?! THIS IS RIDICULOUS, YOU HAVE TO USE BASIL.

just kidding, but yeah youtube will bring a lot of keyboard geniuses. This recipe looks great though, and I love it as a healthy alternative. I”ll definitely make this during the coming summer!

LOL EXACTLY!! Tonight was no joke – I’m not grilling properly because flames touched my food LOL!!

It was seriously fantastic…yet another I’m fighting myself to NOT make again in order to keep doing new stuff!

• CigarStrawn says:

You got to love people, right? :-p Recipes are like cigars. They’re all about personal taste. A lot of people out there (especially ones on the internet) forget that. If they want to add or take away an ingredient, great, but forcing their opinion on how to do it is just rude.

• samgiroux42 says:

It tastes good, right? Don’t worry about the trolls. Looks awesome to me!

• garlar10 says:

HAHA, o man gotta love some of those youtube comments. I love learning new recipes. Thanks for the video Bryan, I really like the guy stuff food videos as a change of pace.

• MaxDuo says:

I liked the guy on youtube who was responding to your most recent HLO cooking video… Saying how it wasn’t healthy because you put a lot of half and half in.. then saying you weren’t losing weight from food but because you were working out, claiming he used to work out and eat tons of McDonald’s all the time and lose weight.

Which……. is not good at all haha. I WORK OUT THEN PIG OUT ON THE WORST PROCESSED MOST SODIUM AND PRESERVATIVE FILLED FOOD KNOWN TO MAN LOOK AT ME GOOOOOO. Not that bright! I think you also said he was thumbs downing and negatively commenting on every HLO video you had…. -_-

And look at you Bryan… making me wish I had / could buy a grill as usual :(

• gtclark says:

The internet is the new “vast wasteland”

• JJO says:

This is why I quit watching your stuff on YouTube. The commenters there mostly seem to be from the planet Egotistico Ignoramus. Did anyone scold you that a true fajita uses only skirt steak? ;)

I’m one of those who almost never use set recipes, and I suspect you are, too. I use cookbooks and recipes as more of an inspirational starting point, and this one will encourage a lot of people to fire up their grills or grill pans. Thanks!

• MorganGeo says:

Bryan, I personally really enjoy your approach to the cooking vids. You break them down into a way that is easy to understand. I have found a new found love of cooking because of you.

6. Brandonsr81 says:

People are stupid, do whatever works for you. Just like smoking a cigar some do it one way that they think is right, others may not agree. Just keep on being you, and screw the haters.

7. ryanmo45 says:

Holy crap I am making that tonight…or…I could start the marinade tonight and cook tomorrow. I really like that this isn’t bad for you.

This looks great and I really need to start eating better but usually healthy food taste bad this however looks pretty tasty

• MaxDuo says:

It all depends on how you prep it! :) If you don’t mind cutting out carbs, low carb is pretty nice. Just don’t do it like the people who literally would eat bacon and only meat… You really do eat a lot of veggies on it.

And that is tasty! (you can still have lots of bacon, just not as the main food all the time :P )

9. Bryan Glynn says:

Case in point, this was just removed lol:

“IDOLIZEDTHIS 5 minutes ago
    Your guy stuff videos SUCK! Just because your overweight & on a health kick doesn’t mean we gotta cook with crappy ingredients. Because you’ve let yourself go. Don’t mean we can’t fit in a regular tortilla in our diet. Bring back the REAL guy stuff. Guys don’t care about this dumb crap your posting. Sorry just very disappointed in your channel it use to be good now it’s a JOKE!”

• gumby_130 says:

Dang hateful people out there

• Sinsandman says:

What the hell? Wow. The problem is people have a general dislike for themselves in one way or another. Whether it be some guilt in the way they live or they just hate their job or something and are too lazy to change it. So they get behind a keyboard and act superior to people they are in actuality inferior to. Weak.

• MaxDuo says:

Geez.

Bryan: “Holy crap this is so tasty I’d never believe it was healthy.”

Dumb guy: “YOU ARE USING CRAPPY INGREDIENTS AND MAKING FOOD THAT TASTES TERRIBLE STOP.”

Hahaha….. what. Did the idiot even watch?

—-

Also……. the channel is now a joke because you release 1-2 healthy recipes under “Guy Stuff” very rarely in the middle of a TON of cigar related videos? Dumb. That’s like saying your favorite band that has just released an album with 12 amazing songs and 1 song you don’t like has turned into garbage and no longer has talent.

• lostonmonday says:

Obviously THISIDIOT hasn’t tried any of your recipes. These guys are almost as awesome as the “post a command” people. You know, the ones who are like, “Next time you NEED to add veggies that make you puke (you’ll learn to love em’), rub them with bacon grease, salt and pepper. OMG ITS SOOOO AWESOME YOU NEED TO DO THIS CAUSE I LOVE IT AND SO SHOULD YOU!!!”. A long time ago, I was asked to give a short sermon in church; I started with, “People are like sheep, and sheep are stupid.” I still stand by my statement.
      Oh yeah, and of course, like all your food vids, I can’t wait to try this!

• samgiroux42 says:

What I have never understood about peopl that post hateful stuff, is why they bother to take the time to comment that hate. It would seem to be better to just go to another video. Hate is bred from insecurity and selfishness. They are also coward because 99% would never say that stuff to your face. Sorry you need to deal with it. Keep up the great work and FREE service.

• lostonmonday says:

A couple of my psych professors touched on people like this. It seems that they have an impulse to be assholes online because their own lives are out of control; why else would he seem so torqued that Bryan is improving his life? I think that you nailed it on the head samgiroux that they’ve got to be insecure and selfish too. Us “normal” people don’t get it, probably cause we can cope with life’s trouble better… light up a stick and the world’s worries go up with the smoke. :)

• samgiroux42 says:

Very true lostonmonday. Yet, I would also add a nice single-malt as another coping device. :) :)

• lostonmonday says:

Hmmm, I personally find that theory untested. Maybe I should run some test, you know, just to make sure it does what you say. You might need to collect more data too. :mrgreen:

• smokethis says:

Troll ,troll go back in your hole! What a loser.
      Your recipes are great bro. Pay no mind to the trolls.

10. Pokesfan says:

I love Mexican food of all kinds. Glad you are eating healthy and getting in shape. Sorry about the idiots that make the stupid comments…

11. puffrey says:

kudos to you Bryan and thank you for posting this in time for Cinco de Mayo. This way I can get a practice run on it before the 5th!

12. zzpop102 says:

Looks really good.

13. dbfr181 says:

Looks like a delicious meal! Keep up the good work

14. Romel says:

Great healthy recipe bryan. Watching the final product made my mouth water. Keep the healthy ones coming and congrats on losing weight. Its showing in your videos.

15. swj045 says:

WOW,this has got to be great.Im going to try this one this weekend. only thing that would make it any better would be you call me at dinner time. I enjoy cooking and grilling and this is outstanding.thanks for all of your hard work.

16. Sinsandman says:

I appreciate these postings. I feel if there is a healthy way to cook and still get great flavors, why the hell would one cook in an unhealthy manner? Regardless of individual fitness and health, healthy alternatives are a much needed change.

17. david121 says:

I will be making this asap. Love chicken, love shrimp,love fajitas. I’m sure it’ll taste great just like all your other recipes

18. stevenknisley says:

This looks really good. I will have to try it some time.

19. mfsaur says:

Lol I can’t imagine a fajita without fattening cheese and sour cream

• MaxDuo says:

I can imagine one without sour cream just fine myself! I went to a Mexican restaurant when I was little, they gave me some bad sour cream and I threw up a ton about 30 minutes later. Ever since I haven’t been able to eat it without gagging and retching. So none of that for me! ;(

20. ctigers15 says:

Looks pretty tasty

21. Craig says:

We made these about 3 days ago and they were GREAT !!! I tried the Greek Yogurt and as much as I was CERTAIN it was not going to taste good,……. I was wrong. Its not sour cream, but its not bad at all. For all of you afraid to try it, don’t be. Nice tip Bryan.

• lostonmonday says:

I had the same assumption on the Greek Yogurt, and even told my wife not to give me any of that hippy foo-foo crap. Yeah, it tastes pretty good on fajitas (insert foot in mouth).

22. samgiroux42 says:

When I am cooking on my Weber Grill, I use a pair of $10 welding gloves. Never had to worry about burning my hands and arms since. In fact, in a pinch, I can even pick up a burning coal (very quickly).

• lostonmonday says:

Ditto. I was doing some welding while cooking with a dutch oven, and had one of those, “why the hell didn’t I think of this sooner moments”.

23. weimerad says:

Looks amazing cant wait to start grilling out

24. eric.hanson says:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I love fajitas! Never tried mixing the shrimp and chiken though, also never tried grilling em, I can’t wati to try that.

25. phillyb says:

I want this. NOW.

26. Jay D. says:

And it’s officially dinner time *stomach growl*. I’m stoked that you’ve added these cooking videos Bryan, the burger and ribs recipes are amazing! I’m quite the fan of the greek yogurt trick, it really does make for the perfect sour cream substitute — like onion dip mix and greek yogurt with pita chips, definitely a healthier option but pretty damn delicious!

27. pirateteaparty says:

Well my question of what to eat for dinner has just been answered. Thanks Bryan!

28. Daniel.A says:

looks better than del taco.

29. drewmcneice says:

Looks awesome. I’ve become somewhat of a health freak lately.

30. srydzanich says:

Sounds great! I make one similar with island mango glaze on the shrimp topped with pineapple salsa.

31. MorganGeo says:

I finally got around to making this last night. I love the flavors of the chili spice and lime juice in this recipe. I recommend this one to all.

32. Ken Roberts says:

You must drive your neighbors crazy with all those great aromas!