Feb 24

Guy Stuff – Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwiches & Strawberry Key Lime Pie

Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2013 in Guy Stuff

20130225pps0001-Edit

Guy Stuff – Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwiches & Strawberry Key Lime Pie

This is a 1.5 recipe treat – the .5 because the pie comes straight from the side of the bottle with just a proportion tweak by me and a custom topping idea!

For the pulled pork, it’s super easy to make but needs quite a bit of time. Put forth the effort and you are rewarded with enough for 20 or so samiches of the most delicious pork you’ll ever have! At a cost of about $1.50 per, it’s very economical too for families or a party!

For the pie, if you can’t score the juice at your local supermarket you can order a bottle from the website here. My only tip is to triple the recipe to make two fully filled pies, otherwise you end up shallow following the bottle.

Lots more tips in the video of course! To make these guys you’ll need:

Pie:
Key lime juice
eggs
sweetened condensed milk
pie crust

Pulled pork samiches:
Pork Shoulder, 8+ lbs.
Pork rub of your choice, I used paprika, base rub (salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder), brown sugar
Wood of your choice, I suggest something light, I used pecan
Apple juice or water
Buns
Sauce of your choice, I used Sweet baby Rays

1. david121 says:

Love the Guy Stuff vids!!! Keep doin what youre doin :)

2. Eric 41 says:

nice job on the pulled pork! thats one of my favorites, I do it the same way on my weber, perfect everytime

3. Dirk says:

This “stuff” is GREAT! Keep doing it.. I love the use of your Weber. I do all my Thanksgiving Turkeys on mine.. great fun and as usual fantastic videos.

4. spockwannabe says:

Bryan, You crack me up! One of the reasons I like your videos so much is that you don’t take yourself too seriously. I love the fact that you sliced your finger and left it in the video. Hilarious. You’re comfortable being you. Not many people like that. Keep up the great work. Love the cigar reviews and the recipes.

5. kprichardson7 says:

Looks pretty tasty.

Bryan,

How about doin some sort of homemade dip? Everybody loves chips and dip.

6. smokethis says:

This looks pretty damn great!
    Thanks Iron Chef Glynn ;)

7. mikegeneva says:

I echo the sentiments of spockwannabe about how enjoyable these videos are. I also learned how to do a long smoke in this one which was most useful. Thanks and keep up the great guy stuff material.

8. Limwell says:

When’s your next guy stuff video? I couldn’t do this one as I don’t have a grill :(

9. david121 says:

the key lime pie is amazing! however if youre not a big fan of key lime flavor then tone down the amount of lime juice you use.

• MorganGeo says:

The key lime pie was amazing. It was so simple that even I could do it. HAHA I like the cheesecake type texture. The strawberry topping made for a great contrast with the tang of the lime. I have added this to one of my ‘go to’ recipes. Even the ladies at my church liked it! :)

10. cigarhobby85 says:

I have tried both these recipes. ( not together) the pie was great and super easy and I am really with you on smoking with pecan it have a great flavor much better than apple or cherry.

11. neocigaro says:

Looks very good… I might make some later.

12. USA2ndAmendment says:

Mouth watering as we speak, awesome vids as always. I love pulled pork.

13. swj045 says:

didnt know someone so into cigars could be on his A game in the kitchen. great video. the last key-lime pie I had was in west palm beach.I think im going to try this one.thanks

14. srydzanich says:

With summer right around the corner i’ve been getting an itche to fire up my smoker, my local meat store is having a huge meat sale tomorrow and i deff know what i’ll be purchasing now…Nothing like enjoying a tastey cigar and cooking over fire on a beautiful day!

15. garlar10 says:

I love the pulled pork recipe but Bryan you live in Florida the key lime pie at Publix is awesome! anyway keep up the good work my friend

16. VinnyLo says:

Loving the recipes! Keep it coming with the Guy Stuff videos!