Feb 16

Guy Stuff – Raspberry Tres Leches

Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2013 in Guy Stuff

20130210tl0007-EditGuy Stuff – Raspberry Tres Leches

This is one of my favorite desserts, a creamy sweet smooth thick cake filled with rich goodness, topped with my favorite fruit, raspberries! I love the tang of the berries against the homemade frosting and cream of the milks. It’s a classic and is super easy to make even from scratch like I show you. If you want or need to you can always use boxed mix and canned frosting, but trust me, it’s NOT the same. A glass pan is suggested 350 for 30 minutes, drop down to 325 and 20 minutes if using metal then check at the end till done.

For this you’ll need:

Eggs
Whole Milk
Heavy Cream
Evaporated Milk
Condensed Milk
Sugar
Flour
Baking Powder
Butter
Vanilla
Salt
Raspberries (or topping of your choice if any)

1. derek_straus says:

That looks amazing! If I had a mixer i would be going to the story to get supplies!

2. Justin says:

Bryan, I am so making this tonight…it will be a little ghetto as I don’t have all that fancy equipment, but how could it go all wrong with those ingredients?

• Justin says:

I went with the box mix, added an extra egg (3 when the box said 2)and still used the stick of melted butter. I used fresh strawberries, because my kids don’t like raspberriers. My mother-in-law absolutely loved it (points for me). I think I will make it again, but do it exactly like Bryan shows rather than the box, I was just lazy…

I don’t typically like cake because it seems dry to me, but this isn’t dry (obviously) and boy is it rich and creamy!

3. Limwell says:

How much heavy cream did you use for the frosting?

4. goldendd says:

Nice mixer! … I’ve had one for 20 years and I love it! I will be making this for my next get together. TY

5. dvillan87 says:

Just made this and all i have to say is WOW !!!! Thanx for sharing your cooking expertise with all of us.

6. neocigaro says:

Was very delicious when I made it.

7. Daniel.A says:

tres leches!!! believe me i know. YES i’m Mexican get over it. best cake formulas or recipes whatever you want to call it. no one and no one do i mean can top tres leches on cakes. every time we have a family bday we get this. the cake range is somewhere around 60 to 80 dollars and man! DELICIOUS!!!

8. Matt says:

aww you dont need no stinkin hand mixer… down your spinach and do it with a hand mixer haha it’ll put some hair on your chest :D

9. EddieJH says:

One of the things that my mother used to make for me… wow… good memories. :)