Feb 9

Guy Stuff Topic Poll

Posted on Saturday, February 9, 2013 in World of CO

Untitled-1OK Guys, let me know what you would like me to cover on upcoming Guy Stuff videos! I’ll let you suggest topics, recipes, etc. here and in a few days I’ll put up a poll of some of the suggestions. As long as they are in my means I’ll do them for you :)

BEFORE YOU SUGGEST SOMETHING MAKE SURE IT HASN’T ALREADY BEEN DONE! All the Guy Stuff vids are listed on the bottom of the Reviews page!

1. pirateteaparty says:

An awesome chili, one that makes your mouth feel like its on fire.

2. AndersMA29 says:

How about a southern fried chicken meal

3. splitter says:

Mr. Glynn,

Excellent videos sir. How bout you cover your new pipe smoking obsession. You know pipe obsession.com… Just a thought. Thanks for the cigar stuff man.

Splitter

4. walshy says:

Deep fry a turkey. I know its not Thanksgiving, but turkey is always good, Anytime.

5. Anarky says:

Just film whatever you like to make, it’s all good. I know you don’t tend to drink when you do reviews, but if you have a favorite microbrew, bourbon, etc or you want to do a comparison or something, that would be cool.

6. geekfish says:

I’d love to see more of the smoking area where you do your reviews. Odd I know.

I 2nd the chili request.
    How about your favorite breakfast.
    Steaks.

7. new2sticks says:

Maybe a few videos with you and Justin Dillon talking about pairing whiskey and cigars. I know it’s not your thing, but I’m sure a lot of us would enjoy it.

8. jkent95 says:

How about some BBQ chicken wings?

9. kprichardson7 says:

How about a pulled pork sandwich with a homemade bbq sauce

10. mbuckwash says:

How about a your of your home?

11. AngSolo says:

Would you happen to be a firearm or motorcycle enthusiast? Always interested in those two hobbies as well.

Used to be. The wife crashed her Sportster and never rode again even with me, so I sold my FJR1300 a couple years ago. I used to shoot for fun but sold everything when ammo went through the roof and i was spending $100 every time I went to the range – ridiculous. My favorite pistol was my P229, I’d buy another in a heartbeat if I got back in to it.

12. AngSolo says:

Yeah accidents can make you rethink things. Hope it wasn’t too serious. Sigs are fine firearms and yeah ammo is very expensive if you can even find any given all thats going on with firearms restrictions due to recent tragedies.

13. rynie27 says:

I always like the cheap stick shootouts. Would be cool if you did something similar with not a cheap stick but maybe a video on value cigars. Maybe a video tour of how you store your cigars.

14. Sam says:

A homemade pizza would be a good recipe to see

15. puffrey says:

How bout a video to show me how to cook off this fine slab of prime rib in my freezer?

Should I send it in for review?

16. kylesorley says:

I would like to see either pulled pork sandwich or some nice brisket ;)

17. walshy says:

I’d like to see how to set up a coolidor. I’m starting to run out of room. Seen others on YouTube. Love to see how you set yours up.

18. Bob Riley says:

How about the art of grilling, no matter the meal. Like gas or charcoal, Weber or other, safety tips, etc. Especially for me, I have trouble “overheating” the grill. How to keep the temps low, but get the job done too is something I’ve not mastered.

19. Texvet says:

If I recall you are a Yankee (aka from up north). How about a short video on how to make a Submarine Sandwich? A good Sub is often hard to find. Subs are often qualified by how much is stuffed in them. As you know it’s more the quality of the meat, cheese, bun and dressing.

20. Satch says:

How’s about a piece on craft beers.
    I like me a good pint!

21. cigarhobby85 says:

I would love to see some more grilling videos. Have you ever worked with a smokenator? I’ve heard nothing but good things and I’d be curious to see what you think.

22. Alby says:

Morning Bryan! How about some nice beef or pork ribs on the grill??

(enter hyper link to “rib episode” here har har – as I am sure you must have done that before)

I smoked some nice, thick chops on the grill the other night…….used cherry wood that I make smoke pouches with. Turned out real nice.

Hey, if ya haven’t done some ribs for the fans before, I’d bet it would go over real well!

23. Griff says:

I don’t know if you have ever done any home brewing but it would be awesome to have someone brew some of the popular extract kits available online and give an honest review. They have the same types of descriptions that cigars have online.( “best beer you’ll ever drink”, “your new favorite”, etc.) There’s nothing better that enjoying your favorite cigar with a beer you made yourself.

24. wally828 says:

How about more cigar reviews of non-crappy cigars?

25. Jwilk2102 says:

How about some chicken fried rice…I you’re into Chinese food. It’s something different. Or a few videos of brewing your own beer. Keep up the awesome videos!

26. cactusjack says:

Hello brian, how about a vitural tour of your house. I know you wont do a tour of your humidors. So how about it. I think we would like to see where you work sleep eat and play.

27. geekfish says:

You mentioned your night photography in that post about your horrendous recent night photo shoot, how about a video with some of your favorite night photography shots?

How about a visit to some local B&M you frequent?

Maybe not Guy Stuff suggestions, but:

How about something like the cheap stick shoot out, but with two different vitolas of the same stick. Maybe a full vertical of the various sizes.

I’d be interested in an update on your favorite cigars post you update every once in a while. It would be interested to see if your tastes change. Also you review so many sticks (thank you) that we never really can put a handle on how they compare(for your flavor profile). We see some of your favorites in the sample. Are those still it?

Alternately, how about revisiting some of your earlier reviews to see if you still have same opinion?

How about a grouping of suggestions for various flavors, or cigars that really demonstrate a particular flavor? A list of top creamy smokes, or leather, or earthy, or dessert type? Maybe a top 5 in this category?

28. kprichardson7 says:

How about something on the history of cigars?

29. phaasenritter says:

Mixology 101

30. gumby_130 says:

Add beer brewing, that’s fun to do with a cigar in hand.